1 can pinto beans drained
1 can red beans drained
1 can southwestern corn drained (regular corn works too, just adds a little extra)
1 can diced tomatoes (really any can of tomatoes should work ok)
1 can tomato sauce (For less tomato flavor don’t drain the beans or corn and leave this out)
1/2 onion diced
1 green pepper diced
About 2 medium carrots diced
3 cloves of garlic (or to suit your tastes)
2 tbs chili powder
1 tbs ground cumin
1 tbs paprika (optional)
¼ cup sliced mushrooms (optional)
¾ cup of TVP (optional)
Salt as needed
Olive oil as needed
1. Sauté your onions, garlic, and carrots until they start to get soft in a little olive oil.
2. Add green peppers, mushrooms and chili powder and sauté for about 5 more minutes.
3. Add the can of diced tomatoes, and your beans, tomato sauce, corn, and the remainder of your seasonings.
4. Cook on medium heat, covered, for about 20 minutes.
5. Stir in TVP and cook for an additional 10 minutes to soak up the flavors.