Friday, November 14, 2008

Personal Pizza



One of my favorite meals to cook is pizza! I have always loved pizza, but I don’t love how greasy they are sometimes. So I make a very delicious, rather nutritious meal instead. I didn’t have many ingredients for pizza toppings this time, but usually I use a lot more. My favorite topping for this is broccoli, its really perfect! Unfortunately I ran out, I eat a lot of broccoli… You can put any toppings you like on here, be creative! I also add crushed red peppers to mine, but not his so its not in the recipe.

2 tortillas (I really like spinach wraps)
2 cups of cheese (You can certainly use less, I really like cheese…)
About 4 tablespoons of tomato sauce (You can use more, I don’t like a lot of sauce)
Toppings
¼ cup spinach
¼ cup diced onions
¼ cup chopped mushrooms
¼ cup grated potato
¼ cup diced green peppers
½ cup broccoli
2 cloves garlic minced
Little oil

1. Sauté onions in a little oil for a few minutes
2. Add mushrooms, green peppers, potato, broccoli, and garlic
3. Cook at medium for about 10 minutes
4. Place tortilla out on shallow pan, usually only fits one per pan.
5. Spread around tomato sauce in the center of the tortilla but leave ½- 1 inch around the edges
6. Put ¾-1 cup of cheese on each “pizza” also avoiding that outer edge
7. Sprinkle the toppings on top of the cheese (Its hot, I use my spatula to do it)
8. Bake in the oven at 350 for 10 minutes or so, the cheese melts in 5 but I cook it an extra 5 minutes for crispier crust.)
9. Enjoy!

1 comment:

MilissaBee said...

I am really excited to see your blog. Can't wait to try your recipes.

Thanks