Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Lemon-Chickpea Stir-Fry



I really have been cooking lately, I just haven’t been taking pictures half the time, and when I do take pictures I don’t post. I’ve also been pretty lazy though, it was my birthday so even one night my boyfriend cooked for me, which is something he hasn’t done since we moved in together (2 years ago!) Anyway, I decided to make something involving chickpeas, but I didn’t want anything even slightly resembling tomato or soy sauce for once, so I went with lemon juice. I should admit though, my boyfriend did end up adding soy sauce to his, but I think that was mostly because I used white rice rather than brown and he isnt much of a fan of white rice.

Lemon-chickpea stir-fry

1 Can chickpeas rinsed well
1 Cup frozen spinach
1 Cup mixed vegetables of your choice
½ Onion diced
¼ Cup diced green peppers
2-3 Cloves garlic
3 tablespoons lemon juice
Salt to taste
A little oil

1. Heat some oil in a large skillet
2. Add the chickpeas and onions and cook until chikpeans start to brown
3. Add spinach, vegetables, and garlic cook until vegetables are to your liking
4. Add lemon juice and taste
5. Add salt if needed
6. Serve on rice, yum
7. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds Good to me. Have you thought about adding a soy sauce packet and some ginger root? I make a lot of stir fry's and use many of the same flavors.