Veggie corn dogs
1 cup flour
1 cup cornmeal
1/3 cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup vegetable/canola oil
1 cup milk
3-4 Vegetarian hot dogs
- Mix flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder and salt
- Stir in the egg, oil and milk, it will remain a little lumpy, thats ok
- Cut up hot dogs into about 1 inch rounds, stick an end into the muffin pan and cut so that it is just a little shorter then the top of the pan.
- Slice each round in half, unless your using mini muffins then leave it
- Pour the batter into the greased pans to about half full
- Add hot dogs around the center of the muffin pan, if your using mini muffins just put one in the center, if your using regular pans you will need to put 3-4 pieces in there.
- Spoon any remaining batter over the hot dogs, just dont go over 3/4 full. Also, its ok if you dont have enough to go over the hot dogs.
- Bake at 400 for 20 minutes
- Let cool for about 10 minutes before removing them, and enjoy!