Monday, November 10, 2008

Fast and Easy Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies


I can not claim these wonderful cookies; I got this recipe off Vegweb.com. They are called Happy Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies, and they were my first ever attempt at vegan cookies. I wanted to bring a dessert to the vegan potluck I went to on Sunday so I made these. I thought they are a little oily, but everyone raved about them, so maybe it was just me.

Vegan chocolate chip cookies

2 cups unbleached flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp.salt (optional)
Vegan chocolate - put in as many as you like I love chocolate so I used around ¾ cup!
3/4 cup sugar (original recipe is 1 cup but the chocolate chips are sweet enough)
1/2 cup canola or vegetable oil (I used a little less, you could also substitute margarine)
1 teaspoon vanilla (optional)
Cinnamon to taste (optional) I used about 1 tbs
1/4 cup water


1. Mix together flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and chocolate chips.
2. In a separate bowl mix the oil, sugar and vanilla.
3. Add the water to the wet mixture
4. Pour the wet mixture into they dry mixture and mix into its all moist, you don’t want to mix too much though
5. Bake at 350 for 4 minutes then rotate the pans and cook for another 4 minutes or so
6. The cookies will be soft, but trust me, give them 5-10 minutes and they will harden up. Oven times do vary though, so watch them.
7. I know they are light colored, don’t do what I did and try to broil them to brown them, it is not cute, and broilers will burn in a minute.

1 comment:

Eddie Gear said...

Yummy!!!

I definately ought to try this out... Thanks for the share.