Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Sometimes, I'm lazy...

...but it tastes so good.

Ok, I know I haven't been posting as much as I had said I would. I've been struggling with the question, do I admit that I'm super lazy sometimes, and eat super simple, highly processed foods? To be honest, I am a college student, sometimes I just dont have the time or energy to think of a good meal, so I cheat. I'm pretty sure I'm not alone on this though, so I figured I would go ahead and admit it, and even share some of my not-so-health conscious meals with you guys.

For starters, my very favorite jarred pasta sauce is Vodka Sauce my Newman's Own. Usually I wouldn't list a brand name, especially since I usually buy generic because its generally all made in the same factory anyway, and I'm a college student, enough said. However, I will always make an exception with Newman's Own, because they are a GREAT company, they donate their profits after taxes to multiple charities. They have given $250 million to charities already! And on top of that their Vodka Sauce and Sockarooni rock my socks, it is the only brand I will buy, I haven't tried anything I haven't liked yet. The other night we had a jar of Vodka Sauce over whole wheat penne noodles with some bread.




Another quick and easy meal I make every once in a while is a veggie burger topped with cheese, tomato, lettuce, and pickles served on the big slices of Texas garlic toast. It has so much flavor, my mouth waters just thinking about it. Be warned though, it is messy!






I would not recommend eating like this on a regular basis, but occasionally, who could say no?






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There's also black beans and rice for lazy people: get a pot of brown rice started, go do something else for half an hour, come back, open a can of beans and heat them in the microwave (or on the stove), grate some cheddar cheese, dice a tomato, toss everything together, and you've got a filling, healthy one-bowl meal (for two)!