Sunday, November 9, 2008

Tofu Noodle Stir-fry



Ok, so this meal is more of creation in designed to use the very minimal ingredients I had before I could go grocery shopping. I will admit, it is not pretty, but it was really tasty, and could easily be made more aesthetically pleasing with different vegetables, but I was out. I don’t know how universal this recipe will be, because I don’t know how available shredded white tofu is in your area, but I buy mine at the local Asian market. Use any vegetables you have on hand, if I had carrots I would have chosen that over peas. I should admit now too, I don’t actually measure how much spice and oil I put into something, I taste as I go, so most of this isn’t exact.

Tofu noodle stir fry

1 8 oz package of shredded white tofu
1 Can of peas
¼ Onion, diced
¼ Cup mushrooms
2 Tbs sesame oil
3 Tbs (low sodium) Soy sauce (Again, add slowly, taste as you go)
1 Tbs tahini (optional)
Salt as needed (really shouldn’t be)
Additional oil as needed


1 Sauté onions and mushrooms in a little oil until tender
2 Drain the can of peas and add them to the onions and continue to lightly sauté at medium heat
3 Boil shredded white tofu in water for about 3 minutes
4 Drain tofu and it to the vegetable mixture
5 Add sesame oil, soy sauce, and tahini to taste
6 Cook for about 5 more minutes and enjoy!

No comments: